Re: [GSoC] blends-gen-control hints (Was: blends-dev, gsoc 2013)

Hello Andreas,

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 11:22 AM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:

I'm not really sure.  UDD is close to not documented.  Perhaps it is a
good idea to ask on debian-qa@lists.debian.org using the key "[UDD]" in
the subject line.  This is where UDD issues are discussed.

Ok I will ask in the mailing list

 I personally
started with a README file in udd/sql.  Perhaps it is appropriate to
continue here.

You mean in the udd/sql/README from the git://git.debian.org/git/collab-qa/udd.git ?

BTW, I just commited and tested the "Section", "Enhances", etc.  keys
and will implemented in production UDD in a couple of hours.

wow that was fast :-)

 The
stumbling stone was (as usual) totally unconnected with my change[1].
The whole update process of tasks was broken by some change and I needed
to fix this first.

Yes I checked the issue from your url, weird.

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 04:18:53PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
|> Note for my-TODO list:
|>    Add fields:
|>         Section
|>         Enhances
|>         Leaf
|>         Test-always-lang
|>    to UDD importer and Blends doc.
|
|Done for UDD importer, needs to be done in Blends doc.

:-), I will try from now on be that responsive in my code fixes and progress

So with these new fields and soon as we have the alternative packages I think we can generate the control/task-description containing the same info they contain from the current blend-gen-control.

I only have one note: Sorry I forgot mention yesterday about one extra header/field because I did not find any relevant header in any Blend's tasks(or I may missed something).In the current blend-gen-control in print_task_desc() (lines 276-280) there is:

for $header (keys %{$taskinfo{$task}}) {
  if ($header =~ m/test-.+/i) {
    print "$header: $taskinfo{$task}{$header}\n";
  }
}

So it looks for a header inside a task which contains a substring matching the regex "test-.+", as I said I did not find any header like that in the task files. Which header case does this cover? Does the blend-gen-control should include it ? That's the last missing part (sorry I did not mention this yesterday with the rest extra headers), if we solve this that then we fully imitate the current  blend-gen-control's functionality.

Kind regards

Emmanouil