Re: Experiment to gather information about prospective packages (Was: [Blends-commit] r3275 - /blends/trunk/machine_readable/fetch-machine-readable)

On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 09:26:25PM -0400, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
> > piece of software.  I'd regard any gain for more detail as a waste of
> > time.  As I said, this is some first experiment with uncertain outcome.
>
> well DFSG free != DFSG free ;-)  information (even coarse and
> over-generalized) on licensing might be of interest for people
> overviewing task pages in search for a license-compatible library

OK.  I'd be very happily accept patches. :-)

I did not wanted to say that it is totally uninteresting.  I just
intended to say, that the effort to gain more than DFSG free or not is
too high and way to error prone that I consider spending my time into
it.  I could be convinced by patches for sure.

> > discussion.  My code is not yet functional (you might have read my
> > requests for help for the python-debian module - I probably will do some
>
> I think I have seen it but missed it :-/  would it be too much to ask a
> reference to the request?

   http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2012/04/msg00360.html

and later I also bounced the very same mail to debian-qa

   http://lists.debian.org/debian-qa/2012/04/msg00035.html

(both after having contacted the package author in PM).  I wonder if I
should try bouncing this mail to debian-devel.  Any help would be really
welcome.