Re: New web feature: packagelist (Was: [RFC] New task: science-dataacquisition)

Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> as it was requested on the debian-science mailing list [1] we
> should provide in addition to our tasks pages a short overview
> about the packages as Ubuntu Science is doing[2].

Nice.

>   Debian Science: http://cdd.alioth.debian.org/science/tasks/packagelist.html
>
> Now it's time for polishing (layout) or feature request - both
> prefered via patches against xhtml-template or blends.css.

If the package name was on the same line as the text, you'd get more
information on the page - though I guess it might end up with the text
being too dense.

It would be nice (though perhaps difficult) if the support tasks
(Typesetting, viewing, Data Acquisition, Image analysis in the case of
the science pages) were not mixed in with the subject tasks[1].

If it were easy to get the table of contents into the left hand part
of the page (while still having all the packages on one page) that
would be nice (but is really icing on the cake and only worth doing if
easy).

I like it.

Thanks,

Chris

[1] Up until last week, this only applied to Typesetting and Viewing -
which naturally sorted to the end of the list.