From: Vagrant Cascadian [mailto:vagrant@freegeek.org]
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2008 3:45 PM
To: debian-custom@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: linux-image issue

On Mon, Nov 03, 2008 at 09:44:48PM +0100, Raymond.Schneider@swisscom.com wrote:
> I have run simple-cdd as follows:
>
> # build-simple-cdd --profiles-udeb-dist sid --dist etch --local-packages /full/path/to/pkgsdir

> This as I understand it should have build an iso based on the default
> profile... That said, I added the linux-image pkg I am trying to get
> installed... just to see if I could get it on the iso only.. and not get
> installed, I only added it to the default.downloads file. I added no d-i
> command to the preseed or anything other packages to the default.packages
> file..

thanks for this information.

do you get the same error when running without including --local-packages ?

have you re-built with a fresh mirror? i.e. wiped out
$your_simple_cdd_workdir/tmp and started over?

> As usual I was able to build yet another iso that fails on 'unpacking
> required packages.' The thing that's bugging me is I had thought that adding
> it to the profile.downloads would get the pkg from my --local-packages dir
> and put it on the iso, not try to install it..

what's the priority set on the custom linux-image package?

lesspipe linux-image*.deb | egrep -i priority

live well,
  vagrant