Re: custom vs. derivative (Re: packages.gz corrupt, missing packages and other issues)

On Tue, 1 Apr 2008, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

I also suggest avoiding "custom" - Debian itself is customizable, CDDs
just automate what must already be possible within the distro.

Very reasonable.

Perhaps squeeze in "subset", "slice", "fraction" or similar - to
emphasize relationship.

Fully ACK.

A verbal test that I would like to pass is that it should feel natural
to mention the term in same sentence as the main Debian Distribution.

Very reasonable as well.

A concrete suggestion:

Formal name when presented alone: Debian internal subdistribution

I'm happe that we brought this discussion up short before the
Extremadura meeting.  We might be able to fix something there.
Your tests sound very convincing.