Re: Requesting advice regarding creating a custom Debian distribution

I have recently learned from creators of other CDDs that packages can be placed into the repository as long as they are Debian compliant. This sounds like the best option as then I can make necessary edits and repackage the existing packages with new names for my CDD. Where can I find information about the workings of tasksel and creating tasksel items? The only other issue is: I would really like for persons installing the CDD to have a nice, uncluttered, dselect to manage packages. his would prevent the unknowing from inadvertently breaking their distro. I could then include a commented out line in apt.conf for the main Debian archive. Is this a possibility?