Re: debian-cd and new packages

Hello,

All right I am slowly getting there. I now have a "complete" custom cd, with
my own boot logo, my own isolinux.txt and a preseed file.
The only problem is that: it doesn't work lol....

Still because of those apt dependencies, but now it's not dependencies
anymore, it is conflicts. At first, when I built the cd, at the make
mirrorcheck step, here is what it told me:

Lecture des listes de paquets...
Construction de l'arbre des dépendances...
Vous pouvez lancer « apt-get -f install » pour corriger ces problèmes.
Les paquets suivants contiennent des dépendances non satisfaites :
  discover: Est en conflit avec: discover1 mais 1.7.7 est installé
            Est en conflit avec: libdiscover1 mais 1.7.7 est installé
  discover-data: Est en conflit avec: discover1-data
  discover1: Est en conflit avec: discover mais 2.0.7-2.1 est installé
             Est en conflit avec: libdiscover2 mais 2.0.7-2.1 est installé
  discover1-data: Est en conflit avec: discover-data mais 2.2005.02.13-1 est
installé
  inetutils-inetd: Est en conflit avec: netkit-inetd
  inetutils-ping: Est en conflit avec: ping
  inetutils-syslogd: Est en conflit avec: system-log-daemon
  iputils-ping: Est en conflit avec: ping
  libdiscover2: Est en conflit avec: discover1 mais 1.7.7 est installé
                Est en conflit avec: libdiscover1 mais 1.7.7 est installé
  localization-config: Dépend: libconfig-inifiles-perl mais il n'est pas
installé
E: Dépendances manquantes. Essayez d'utiliser l'option -f.
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/share/debian-cd'
Apt-get is updating his files ...
Ign file: sarge/main/debian-installer Release
Lecture des listes de paquets...
# You may need to launch correctstatus more than one time
# in order to correct all dependencies
#
# Removing packages from the system :
discover1
discover1-data
inetutils-ping
libdiscover1
netkit-inetd
sysklogd
#
# Adding packages to the system :
libconfig-inifiles-perl
#

I just ignored those messages thinking: as long as my "custom" packages like
apache are there, who cares. Now I understand that this was a mistake. When
the install program tries to detect the cdrom, it tells me that it can not
find it, most probably because the discover1 package and its dependencies
have been removed from the system.

I have tried to uninstall my discover1 package installed on my system (along
with libdiscover1 and discover1-data) but it didn't help. If someone has any
idea...

C Shore-2 > You are right, the ideal would be to have an apt alternative
that would check all the dependencies and everything in my mirror directory.
That would also probably solve the problem of the conflicts and
dependencies, so if you can document that, it would be really great.

Tzafrir > Thanks a lot for the scripts you sent me. They were very useful to
me, as I started writing a makefile pretty much like your make_cd file,
besides it will use debian-cd. The preseed file was also very useful.

Sergio > I'll take a look at that fakeapt script, it seems interesting.
Thanks.

Guillaume.
Sent from the debian-custom forum at Nabble.com.