Re: debian-cd and new packages

Hi,

I used this script at the beginning because I thought that I would need to change some things to the debian-installer. However, now, I figured out that for now, I don't need to change anything.

So instead, I just downloaded the folder installer-i386 for sarge from ftp.debian.org, copied it into my dists/sarge folder and that was it, I didn't need to use the script anymore. But I think your script works, and here are all "my" scripts attached.

Also, I figured out a way to go about the missing dependencies and I (finally) was able to build a custom debian cd properly. What I did was: make mirrorcheck told me that there were missing dependencies like mime-support. As root, I went to /var/cache/archives. I did an aptitude download mime-support. The package was downloaded to my apt cache. After that, I just did apt-move update, which moved all the dependencies I had downloaded to my pool directory. I used the script copy-new-debs-to-pool to copy the downloaded debs to the pool directory of the cd, regenerated the Packages file and that was it.

However, the ideal would be to have an apt based on my pool directory and not on the installed packages on the system. That way, apt would not assume that some dependencies don't need to be downloaded because they are already installed, and it would download ALL of the dependencies of the package you want to add and add them to your own pool directory. I don't know where to look for this kind of system, any idea ?

Guillaume.

Paras pradhan a écrit :
hi :

i think i changed the script to make it work.. i ran it and no
problem. i am attaching the new one here. please take a look.

Paras.