Re: debian-cd and new packages

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 01:56:05 -0800 (PST)
philagui <khaeos@khaeos.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to build a custom sarge cd following this tutorial:
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianCustomCD
>
> Short story: everything seems to be working except that when I check
> the newly built cd, the pool directory doesn't include the new
> packages (apache
> + mysql-server) I want to put in the cd.

[snip]

I'll have to look into this.  It looks to me like the script has been
modified from the version I originally wrote, and that this has broken
some things.  ["RC1DIR"]=$1, for example, was originally RC1DIR=$1
Why that change was made I'm not sure, but it doesn't work the simple
test.sh I made

#!/bin/sh
["RC1DIR"]=$1

./test.sh test1

results in error "[RC1DIR]=test: command not found"

I guess somebody was trying to improve the script (which is not a bad
thing), but didn't get it right.  But more likely it is an artifact of
the transition from Kwiki to MoinMoin which happened when the wiki was
moved from wiki.debian.net to wiki.debian.org.

In any even I will need to go over the script again to make sure that
a current working version is on the wiki.

I have also figured out better ways of doing some of the steps (like
partial mirroring; for my purposes using an alternate set of apt
configuration files allows me to download only the files I want while
including everything I need (including stuff already on the system) as
well as appropriate sources.

I think the problem you are experiencing results from the fact that
apt-get -d only downloads things that aren't already installed on your
system, so some dependency that is satisfied by packages on your
system, is not satisfied by the set of packages you are creating using
debian-cd.

That's my first guess.  I will try to make time to take a deeper look
at this later this week (or on the weekend at the latest).

Cheers,

Daniel
- --
And that's my crabbing done for the day.  Got it out of the way early,
strangle cute bunnies or something.   -- Michael Devore