Re: debian-cd and new packages

El Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 01:50:24PM +0100, Viguier-Just Guillaume va escriure:
> However, the ideal would be to have an apt based on my pool directory
> and not on the installed packages on the system. That way, apt would not
> assume that some dependencies don't need to be downloaded because they
> are already installed, and it would download ALL of the dependencies of
> the package you want to add and add them to your own pool directory. I
> don't know where to look for this kind of system, any idea ?

Well, the cddt-tools package includes a script called fakeapt that probably
does what you want.

You can get it installing the cddt-tools package from:

  http://people.debian.org/~sto/cddt/

Or getting the script directly from the CDDT project:

  https://mixinet.net/projects/cddt/browser/trunk/cddt-tools/usr/bin/cddt-fakeapt

The manpage is available from:

  https://mixinet.net/projects/cddt/browser/trunk/cddt-tools/usr/share/man/man1/cddt-fakeapt.1

On LliureX I used that script with the CDD description to generate the list of
packages needed to install different CDD profiles. That package list is later
used to build a filter for reprepro to build a partial mirror using the given
package list.

The script I used was not generalized and I plan to review it and include a
better version  on future versions of the CDDT, but if you want to test it I
can send you a copy.

Greetings,

  Sergio.

--
Sergio Talens-Oliag <sto@debian.org>   <http://people.debian.org/~sto/>
Key fingerprint = 29DF 544F  1BD9 548C  8F15 86EF  6770 052B  B8C1 FA69