Re: Introduction

Darrin Thompson wrote:
On Tue, 2006-02-21 at 09:34 -0500, Darrin Thompson wrote:

On Tue, 2006-02-21 at 10:43 +0100, Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:

As also tzafrir asked here too, i'm very nterested in knowing if you plan to make PDK usable with the g-i or if you'll stay with the Anaconda installer.

We want to be as independent of particular installers as possible,
modulo making sure at least one works out of the box.

I could just say "Sure!" but I'd like to look into your code a bit.
Where can I find g-i? Am I missing something obvious?

Ok. Attilio pointed out the obvious off list.

As I've said before, mediagen is a weak point for pdk, but I'm working
on that now. Having seen the screenshots, I'm sold. I will make sure g-i
works with pdk.

Initially that may mean poking it into dcc. I'm not sure what "works"
means yet.

I'm downloading the mini iso to play a bit.

Thanks for the pointer Attilio. I've been living under a rock.

Well, i just pointed out that the debian-installer, Debian's standard installation tool, has eventually a graphical interface [1] that makes no longer necessary the use of Anaconda for custom Debian distributions. The "g-i" is a standard debian-installer with a GTK frontend, a bunch of libraries and fonts that do the trick of making the debian-installer graphical. Basically, to make sure the graphical debian-installer works with PDK, i think you just need to make sure PDK works with the standard, well known, debian installer shipped with the upcoming Etch.
I'm happy to have helped you, just ask if you need more support.

friendly

Attilio