Re: Introduction

Hi darrin

I found your email on debian-custom very interesting, and i would like now to ask you some things about the PDK project. First, let me introduce myself: i' a researcher at the Polythecnic of Turin and i do researching on Free Software (my master thesis was about making graphical the debian-installer that, as you may have read on debian-boot during last mont, is now almost completed). At the Polythecnic of Turin we plan to produce custom Debian distributions for PA and Educational and that's the reason why we needed a graphical installer for Debian. While our Debiam distribution will be g-i based, we still need to choose a set of tools to coustomize our distribution (we previously hacked the simple-cdd and produced the DebianOven tool). As also tzafrir asked here too, i'm very nterested in knowing if you plan to make PDK usable with the g-i or if you'll stay with the Anaconda installer.

thanks

Attilio Fiandrotti