Re: Bandwidth Manager CDD

On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 05:10:25PM +0200, Sergio Talens-Oliag wrote:
> El Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 03:04:22PM +0300, Tzafrir Cohen va escriure:

> > > I really doubt that.  Try
> > >
> > > $ apt-cache search partial mirror
> > > apt-move - Maintain Debian packages in a package pool
> > > apt-proxy - Debian archive proxy and partial mirror builder development
> > > debmirror - Debian partial mirror script, with ftp and package pool support
> > > debpartial - Debian Packages/Sources file partition tool
> > > debpartial-mirror - Debian partial mirror script
> >
> > Anybody using one of those successfully for that purpose?
>
>   Try the simple-cdd scripts:
>
>     http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debian-np/people/vagrant/simple-cdd/
>
>   It's also on my plans add support for that kind of use on the cddtool, in
>   fact we plan to use the same libraries on debpartial-mirror and the
>   cddtool, we will talk about it next week at Castellón.

I did have bad experince with debian-cd and with debpartial. Add that to
the fact that simple-cdd is not yet in Sarge and it depends on a package
that will not be in Sarge (debpartial-mirror) and you'll understand why
I never tried it so far.

I'm playing with it now. The first stage is , naturally, to package it.
Both packages are currently avilable from http://tzafrir.org.il/rapid/ .
I'll see how it goes.

--
Tzafrir Cohen     icq#16849755  +972-50-7952406
tzafrir.cohen@xorcom.com  http://www.xorcom.com