Re: Bandwidth Manager CDD

Hi

On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 12:31:51PM +0100, Joel Merrick wrote:
> Hi list :)
>
> I'm currently respinning Debian as a CDD, called Bandwidth Manager
>
> http://www.sf.net/projects/bw-manager
>
> It's aim is to have a base set of components and features used for
> bandwidth management.
>
> These are;

I'm building a Debian-based distro called Xorcom Rapid:
http://xorcom.com/rapid.html (An Asterisk PBX server).

I considered using the CDD infrastructure, but I could never make it
work. The package debian-cd requires a complete local mirror and
requires a complicated procedure. I ended up "patching" a netinst ISO
using a makefile I have. Not ideal, but it works.

> * Layer 7 Protocol Filtering
> * IPTables patches
> * ebtables bridging
> * Caching/Proxying/Filtering of HTTP/FTP traffic
> * Second tier POP/SMTP scanning (only for virii really, but there may be
> scope to include spam at some stage)
> * Reporting and acounting functions
>
> The initial build will be these components, with the emphasis on the
> repackaging of the kernel and iptables.

Do you have to patch the kernel or just add modules? The latter is
relatively simple and generally requires no reboot.

--
Tzafrir Cohen     icq#16849755  +972-50-7952406
tzafrir.cohen@xorcom.com  http://www.xorcom.com