Re: CDDs projects on Alioth

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004, Matthew P McGuire wrote:

Finally, we solve the single point of reference by using a site name
like cdd.debian.org or www.debian.org/cdd/.
I think the later one would be great and I have proposed this several times
(and thought I would have documented this in the docs, but obviousely forgot
 this in chapter

    http://people.debian.org/~tille/cdd/ch-todo.en.html#s-webpages

 which at least asks for common layout for the pages and the wml templates.)

This site could contain a
brief description of the CDD concept, the current goals, a link to
Andreas' paper, and an official list of CDD projects. This list can also
contain a link to the current website of a given CDD.
Definitely.  Any volunteer?

Who does the work? I wouldn't mind it, and I am sure there are already
numerous others who would help maintain the site. However I think they
would all need to debian maintainers, so list-lurkers like me are
probably not an option. (Hell I'm not even in the NM queue.)
It is not necessary to be a developer to work on the web pages.  There are
many people with CVS acces to the wml pages who do not even think about
becoming a maintainer. (http://www.debian.org/devel/website/)

By the way, Andreas, Ben, Free, and everyone else involved is making
great progress in this project. So much so that I find it very hard to
follow at times. But thanks for working so hard on it. I have learned
volumes from these dialogs and I really appreciate it.
Thanks for your good summary