Re: New bug reports relevant for CDDs

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004, Andreas Tille wrote:

#273799: menu should enable removing menu entries
    This bug report was filed because Petter mentioned that menu is
    lacking a feature which is needed by Debian-Edu and I think it
    is worth a bug report even if it might be circumvented by local
    user menus which has certain advantages and comes for without
    extra effort when Debian-Edu people would decide to switch to
    cdd-dev package.
As you can see in the BTS the problem was solved before and I should
have read the manual before.  The lesson we can learn here is that
solving common problems in common (= CDD) might have advantages because
of the common knowledge.  As I wrote in the past I really prefer
user menus for CDD problems but including the option to reduce the
Debian menu into CDD tools seems not to be very hard.  Again to the
Debian-Edu people: Try to start the common tools to save your own
time.  It would be no problem for me to add some names to the uploaders
of the package ...