Re: SVN does not react any more

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, Otavio Salvador wrote:

> I'll check with Alioth admins to see if we found where is the problem.
The problem seems to exists until now.  So I was unable to check in what
I have done.

> at> Could you perhaps try to verify the SVN behaviour?
>
> Yes, of course.
>
> Please, send the .tar.gz of both released versions to my personal mail
> so I'll merge your changes in right branch and tag each one.
I have done two things

   1. Updated

             https://alioth.debian.org/project/showfiles.php?group_id=1466

      with the two new versions (cdd-0.3.9 and debian-med-0.8.9) and named
      them "experimental"

   2. Released the accordinig packages to experimental.

So once SVN is up again it would be nice if you would check in at least the
CDD changes.  (I do not think that somebody would care about Debian-Med for
the time I'm on vacation - but we should make sure that people will find the
right examples = debian-med files for the changes in CDD.)

In short the changes according to the menu system are as follows:

   1. Drop the "docs" directory.
   2. Moved the files from docs/mpkg/* to menu/mpkg
   3. Splitted up the menu/mkpg files into menu/mpkg/dep1.menu,
      menu/mpkg/dep2.menu, ...

The rationale is that normally the package maintainers menus are used but
can be overriden by the menus from the meta package maintainer.

Moreover I used a new directory "install".  This currently just holds files
I want to add to certain meta packages and are installed simply by
debian/mpkg.install, debian/mpkg.manpages, etc.

Moreover I tried to work out how to work with special debconf questions
in single meta packages.  This does not yet work reliable.  Have a look
into the med-dent package.

I hope I did not forgot anythink.  All this has to be documented in cdd-doc
once I'm back.  Comments for this time are welcome.