Re: Wrong usage of Subversion

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, Otavio Salvador wrote:

> Always when we stop to work in one stable version, like 0.3.x versions
> and start to work in one new grant version we should make a
> branch. With this, we can manage what was changed after the branch
> point and merge in trunk/ while we keep all logged.
I should definitely read the docs before but I wanted to get something
out before I leave for three weeks vacation.  My simple minded opinion
was once we have released files all is fine - but you are right.

> Another issue, tag. Every release should have a tag. Last two releases
> lost it. We doesn't have any new tag in cdd/tags/.
>
> If someone needs help to deal with it, please, call me.
Obviousely I'm the man who needs some advise because I'm the only one
who does currently (dirty!) stuff in SVN.  So please tell me what exactly
do I have to do to make this clean (how to create a branch etc.)

I'm afraid that I have to continue with the stuff I'm currently doing
in the project/med branch and I guess my current trouble to name directories
the same as there were files formerly are a part of my missuse problem.
At least in the project/med tree I regard this as my own personal problem
and this is what I will fight to an end this afternoon, but I'm more than
willing to learn the way how to do this right in the future.  Just be
my teacher.