Re: problem found while trying to install shorewall

- Patrick Bogen

kegwasher wrote:
As the beowulf group seems to be devoid of posters, I will try and see if
any other groups could help.

I am not sure if the problem described below is firewall related or that I
do not use DHCP.  If any one can shed light on the problem concerning no
external_ip database found by getent hosts external_ip, please let me know.

Chris aka kegwasher

kegwasher wrote:

I am attempting to install the dcc clustering tools but can not get past
step one, install shorewall.

after entering;
apt-get install shorewall

A dialog comes up telling me to indicate the external NIC.  No problem
accept the default eth0.  Then however, debconf gives me a new dialog that
it could not determine the proper value of EXTERNAL_IP from the output of
getent as not database exists and that I should fix the problem.

I assume the setup for shorewall is looking for a previously setup
firewall definition but I am stumped on what it wants.

The really irritating thing is that there is no option to cleanly say oops
and quit.  I had to kill the install process, not good.

Sorry for the cross post I would post this to the debian beowulf or
cluster group but beowulf is nothing but spam postings and I found no
cluster group. If there is an active group dedicated to clustering, please
let me know.

kegwasher