Re: Conflict between lam4-dev and mpi-doc

Hi,

> Bug 299198 against mpi-doc, an mpich binary, points out a conflict with
> lam4-dev in a man page: /usr/share/man/man3/MPI_Comm_set_name.3.gz .  I
> imagine there are lots of other such conflicts.  I don't know whether
> the files are the same.

I think there are two options:

1. provide both manual pages and make them alternatives' slave links

2. remove the respective file from lam-dev, add missing files to mpi-doc,
   and make mpi-doc a reference to MPI spec.

The case was to maintain 'mpi-doc' as a manual page for all
MPI references, and thus the package name 'mpi-doc', and not 'mpich-doc',
and IIRC former Debian maintainer of mpich (me) chose the option 2;
which requires maintenance and coordination between lam and mpich packages.

regards,
	junichi