Re: [Beowulf] Selection of Beowulf cluster type

Greetings from the Computational Materials Engine Room (formerly the Morphology
Simulations Lab, and something else before that), home of the Morphology Engine,
the Longevity Engine, the Sterling Engine (pun intended) and a couple of other
clusters with less cool sounding names.

We, too, are a Debian shop. And primarily a diskless-debian shop. SystemImager
installs easier on Debian for sure. I tried their perl script on a couple of
RPM-based machines and gave up after fixing dependencies for awhile. And to
second Camm's opinion, apt is so popular that it is showing up in a lot of
distros (notably Fedora) and has spawned a bunch of apt enhancements like
apt-proxy and apt-build.

Off-topic: If anyone finds themselves in NYC today and tomorrow there is a
Cluster Track at LinuxWorldExpo. Discussions on subjects such as Lustre
(http://www.linuxworldexpo.com/linuxworldny/V40/conference/session.cvn?eID=345)
may be of some interest.