Re: Queue/Batch Systems

On Wed  15:08, Eric Nodwell wrote:
> Hmmmm, I know where you're coming from, but perhaps you should give
> "common sense" a second look.  It's not like you have to program
> yourself in Java - if you want to modify their code, you can use
> JPython, they even give an example in the Maui documentation.  We've
> had no stability problems at all with Maui, and as for performance, it
> just isn't an issue with a queue/scheduler.

My rant was mainly against Java in general, not this app in particular.

> Try this:
>
> yes yes | apt-get install j2re1.3

Tried it a while back for some java apps we have here. Didn't work
correctly, be it the program or the package I'm not sure, didn't really
care to look into it at the time.

> With a tool like dsh or cexec (from the C3 tools
> http://www.csm.ornl.gov/torc/C3/ - highly recommended - no debs, but

Use dsh basically every day ;)

--

| Josh Lauricha            |