Re: potential packages

On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 08:13:40PM -0700, Dale Harris wrote:

> http://gridengine.sunsource.net/

   Quite a few people have asked me to update DQS, or whether there are
newer alternatives.  I always point them to gridengine (descended from DQS)
and suggest they package it.  None to my knowledge have taken up the
challenge.  The old build system (a big *csh* script) was replaced with a
derivative of aimk, the PVM build system (I also maintain PVM),
so ideally I'd leverage that combined knowledge to package SGE (Sun
Gridengine).  I don't have a cluster handy at the moment though, so the
incentive isn't really there.  If you know anyone who needs cluster people
and would like to see SGE packaged, let me know.  :)

-Drake