Re: diskless cluster

> Your BIOS will let you use LAN as your primary boot device? My ECS board
> has a Realtek 8100 chip embedded, no PROM to be found, so my IBA must be
> in the BIOS, I suppose.

Yes, recent bios generally have a "LAN" option which passes control to the
eprom on the ethernet card. Older ones just went to the card eprom so long
as the chip was there, with a valid program. I hear in the Etherboot lists
that you can burn the image itself in the motherboard bios, in some cases,
but we never tried that.
							Cheers,

        Jorge L. deLyra,  Associate Professor of Physics
            The University of Sao Paulo,  IFUSP-DFMA
       For more information: finger delyra@latt.if.usp.br