Re: Getting Started

For those interested,

	I set up a page with about a dozen snapshots of a prototype of our
main machine. It is meant do illustrate a very simple kind of construction
with only off-the-shelf parts and things you get at the local supermarket.
No specialized workshop machinery needed at all. It is at the URL

		http://latt.if.usp.br/pmc/prototype/

There are fairly detailed explanations in english for each picture. This
is a rather radical approach but it has been working well for us. We (me,
a couple of graduate students, a technician and a sysadmin) assembed the
final (current) form of the machine (two large towers) in about two days.

							Cheers,

        Jorge L. deLyra,  Associate Professor of Physics
            The University of Sao Paulo,  IFUSP-DFMA
       For more information: finger delyra@latt.if.usp.br