Re: mosix oddities.

"Jens-E. Hansen" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > My build of mosix 1.0.3 resulted in a kernel that paniced just after
> > the login promped came up on the dual CPU system (kernel BUG in
> > <somefile I wrote down but don't have the paper with me>).
>
> > I have three more scavenged systems (one ppro 200, and two dual ppro
> > 200's), I'll be adding  in this week.  So if anyone's interested in
> > hearing my continuing saga, let me know.
>
> I'm very interested in the continuing saga because my system (mosix 1.0.3)
> kernel paniced immediately after startup. Maybe this is a gcc-problem ?
> I compiled the kernel with gcc 2.95.4. Unfortionately I have no possibility to
> compile the kernel with the recommended gcc.

For a while my system was panicked immediately after boot as well. I got
past this by turning the Mosix File System options off in the kernel.

I have two nodes: one AMD Athlon 1133, and a Athlon K6-2 350.  The both
start up and operate fine, and I mtop reports the load for both nodes.
However, as soon as I send a process to the other node, that other node
panicks :-(  This goes both ways.

The above is with a manual install using the mosix instructions; I
haven't had a chance yet to try out the shiny new deb packages yet.

--

Regards,

Wim Kerkhoff, Software Engineer
Merilus, Inc.  -|- http://www.merilus.com