Re: Documentation.

Viral <viral@debian.org> immo vero scripsit

> >     v> Also, it would be nice if we could have the packages compiled
> >     v> with better optimization with gcc than just -O2. At least,
> >     v> cluster specific stuff.  A better idea would be to use
> >     v> pentium-builder and rebuild from source on a particular
> >     v> architecture.. Ideas ?

I'd say go for a script which builds a chroot environment built with better
compilation options.

Most systems are running off some tftpboot/nfsroot/whateverroot
duplicated from a master copy, and it would be nice to have all the
slave nodes running a more efficient version of everything including
libc.

Changing only the libc resulted in 5% increase in performance
 (my benchmarking), and although that doesn't sound like much,
it would be worth something on a system which is meant to be running
really FAST. ;)

regards,
	junichi

--