Re: Documentation.

>>>>> "v" == viral  <viral@debian.org> writes:

    v> with Debian. Pretty much all the stuff one would need in a
    v> cluster is already there in Debian.

In unstable, at least, nearly all the tools exist.

    v> Also, it would be nice if we could have the packages compiled
    v> with better optimization with gcc than just -O2. At least,
    v> cluster specific stuff.  A better idea would be to use
    v> pentium-builder and rebuild from source on a particular
    v> architecture.. Ideas ?

Check with debian-devel.  I vaguely remember sensible arguments
against it, more along the lines of --
        "do the source-level compile yourself with the optimize flags"

WITH decent arguments for it.  Can't recall them off the top of my
head, though...

--
A.J. Rossini				Rsrch. Asst. Prof. of Biostatistics
U. of Washington Biostatistics		rossini@u.washington.edu