Re: PetSc

On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 03:06:22AM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:

> Ah, yes. This is a nightmare, trying to compile against mpich AND lam.

The simplest solution is probably to have two different source packages
each with appropriate build depends.  It's ugly as hell but it would
work.

Long term it would be nice if the various MPI implementations would be
binary compatible.  Then packages could be built for any of the various
implementations and would Just Work with others.  I'm not holding my
breath on that one, though.

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/