Re: mosix is in unstable.

    >> I do -- or if a node is "closed" for recieving.

    v> Is there any solution to this ? Nodes can always go down.. I
    v> could cross-post to the mosix mailing list, but I'm not on it
    v> as of now, and it won't allow me to post..

I suspect not.  MOSIX generates a good bit of traffic to determine
network configuration, speed, and real-time load/usage of computers in
the cluster.  But...

    >> BTW, 2.4.[45] have nasty, nasty habits of not freeing swap[1].
    >> I've gotten burned by this (some of the simulations I run are
    >> moderately big, pushing things into swap on a reasonably big
    >> machine).
    >>
    >> [1]: recent Kernel-Traffic report

    v> And I was wondering, why my machine with 128MB RAM was using up
    v> 50 MB swap consistently !  Is this going away anytime soon ?
    v> patches in the -ac series kernels ?

I've not seen anything yet (but I've got no time to track
kernel-devel...).  The reference actually mentioned Alan Cox backing
down to the 2.2.x series until this got worked out...

    v> Maybe we can have mosix, and mosix0.98 then ? I'll try to put
    v> this in sometime next week.

I like this.  Thanks again!

best,
-tony

--
A.J. Rossini				Rsrch. Asst. Prof. of Biostatistics
U. of Washington Biostatistics		rossini@u.washington.edu