Re: mosix packaging.

On Sun, Apr 29, 2001 at 10:38:28AM +0530, Viral wrote:
> However, at times we would see heavy arp activity, which would choke all
> the 100MBPS. I'm not sure if it was mosix or something else, but since then,
> we changed lots of things, and can't be sure what was the cause.

My network administrator noticed similar things coming from my small cluster.
After a bit of investigation, it seems that if a node goes down in a Mosix
cluster, all the other nodes arpflood with who-has requests. It became such a
pain that I only enable the cluster after working hours, so as not to flood
others' connections.

While on the subject of mosix, same network admin mentioned that MPI/PVM may
run into trouble on the cluster. Any thoughts on that?

Regards,

Edward.

--

http://www.pcug.org.au/~edlang/