Re: Debian Beowulf packages

On Tue, Feb 08, 2000 at 08:39:29AM +1100, Drake Diedrich wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 07, 2000 at 11:12:37AM -0500, Camm Maguire wrote:
> >
> > Package:	Debian:
> > ========	======
> > dqs		Yes
> > pvm		Yes		available in both static and shared libs
> > pvmpov	Yes		part of standard Debian povray package
>
> > queue		Yes

queue is currently unuseable on Debian.  The potato package of it does
very nasty things to /dev/tty, subsequently breaking any other package
that needs to do things with tty's (e.g. screen, xterm)

Whether this is a generic problem with queue I do not know.
Nevertheless, I've filed a critical bug report against it.

It's a shame; it looks like a fairly nice free alternative to LSF which
is, IMHO, by far the best load sharing and batch queueing system around.
A tad expensive though...

Tim.