Debian Beowulf packages

Greetings!  Just saw an endorsement on the main beowulf list of SuSe's
collection of packages.  I thought I'd list them here and solicit any
comments about their utility, there Debian status, and any
improvements/additions we could make.  I've filled in my
opinions/first hand experience below.  What I'd love to hear are
what people themselves have found most beneficial in productive
cluster work.  I'm sure many more of these are in Debian than I've
listed, and that many other packages not on this list should be
included, but I'd hope to have them filled in from those with
first-hand experience.

It would also be great if we could put a little blurb out on ou
webpage touting what we feel are Debian's strongpoints in this area
for the new release.

Package:	Debian:		Utility		Improvements:
========	======		=======		=============
bwatch
dqs
fftw
lam		Yes		Critical	Better documentation/
lamman		Yes		Critical	tutorials?
lamnew		Yes		Critical
lapckman	Yes (out	Important	Try to get unstable
		of date in			version in frozen?
		frozen)
mpiblacs	Yes		Important
mpich		Yes		Critical	Need new mpich maintainer/
mpichman	Yes		Critical	new shared library version?
mpsclpck	Yes		Important	Have for 2 mpi flavors
						and pvm!  Many new
						lapack-3.0 routines
						not yet in scalapack,
						would be great to add
						dstegr, et al., for
						example
netboot
nlamman		Yes		Critical
pmbdoc
pmblam
pmbmpich
ppmake
pvm
pvmpov
queue
saltadd
saltadm
saltdoc
salthdw
slbench		No		Bragging	I've got a version compiled,
				rights :-)	could submit quickly if
						thought useful
xmpi		Yes		Moderately
xpvm

Not on the SuSE list:

netpipe		Yes		Important
blas		Yes		Important
atlas		Yes		Important	New kni/prefetch based
						improvements for PIII
						on the way!