Re: Debian Beowulf packages

On Mon, Feb 07, 2000 at 11:12:37AM -0500, Camm Maguire wrote:

> Package:	Debian:
> ========	======
> dqs		Yes
> pvm		Yes		available in both static and shared libs
> pvmpov	Yes		part of standard Debian povray package

> queue		Yes
> xpvm		Yes

   A queueing system is important for clusters that are used by more than
one person.  Parallel libraries are only important if you're running
parallel code - in my experience this is rare, most clusters run masses of
serial jobs.  Utility is hard to judge in this sense, it depends on the
application.

-Drake