Re: First Beowulf cluster. Some pointers?

Alexandre Vitrac wrote:
> I've always been wondering about the scalability of MOSIX. How many
> nodes can you add to a MOSIX cluster before the whole system hangs ?
> Can you build a *big* and *reliable* MOSIX cluster with CPU and
> disk-intensive applications ?
>
> By *big*, I mean at least 10 nodes ... and its better if it's 30 :)

>From what I read about the implementation, I estimate that it will scale
well up to 16-32 processors and fail miserably for certain applications
upwards. NB: This is just my theoretical insight, so it might be flawed :)

Anyhow, for a set of applications, I do think that it might entertain
good scalability. By that I mean those applications which would not hit
great overheads. Anything that would introduce a big comms volume would
slow the thing down to a crawl.

Thanks,

--
Eray (exa) Ozkural