Re: First Beowulf cluster. Some pointers?

On Wed, Dec 06, 2000 at 04:03:29PM -0200, David Santo Orcero wrote:

> > I've always been wondering about the scalability of MOSIX. How many
> > nodes can you add to a MOSIX cluster before the whole system hangs ?

> > Can you build a *big* and *reliable* MOSIX cluster with CPU and
> > disk-intensive applications ?

Check http://www.mosix.cs.huji.ac.il/
They talk about using about a 100 machines with mosix, though you have
to have a good network topology suited for your needs.

I'm running a 20 node cluster (diskless) over Fast Ethernet and there
has been no trouble whatsoever. But the nature of the jobs are usually
CPU intensive.

viral