Re: Backport request for Lghttpd 1.69 for Bullseye

Hi,

在 2023-10-09星期一的 15:17 +0300,Petri Riihikallio写道:
> > In any case, https://www.lighttpd.net/ is the upstream website.
> > lighttpd 1.4.72 was released Fri 6 Oct, a bit later than originally
> > planned.
> >
> > Since updating Debian takes me more time than the *combined* time
> > that I spend updating 6+ other distros, I prefer to wait a week or
> > so after a lighttpd release before I start the process to request
> > that a Debian developer sponsor a lighttpd release.
>
> Does this mean that you are going to backport 1.4.72 ? Anything past 1.4.64 is fine with me.
>
> If I have understood correctly, then I should keep an eye on bullseye-backports-sloppy. Is this correct? I am sorry that I previously referred to bookworm, but it is
> bullseye that I need. (I am not fluent in Debian. I’m old enough to be running FreeBSD since 386BSD).
>
> I am not trying to push anyone, I am grateful for all help. A week here or there doesn’t matter much in the the end. I would just hate to find out later on that I have been
> looking up the wrong tree 🙄 (I am also trying to keep my cluttering low on this list.)

I have no idea what we are waiting for, so I am uploading an unmodified
lighttpd/1.4.69-1~bpo11+1 to bullseye-backports-sloppy first to see if
it can go through the NEW queue in a reasonable amount of time.

If anything changes and you have any new uploads prepared and waiting
to be sponsored, please let me know.

Thanks,
Boyuan Yang