Re: Backport request for Lghttpd 1.69 for Bullseye

On Mon, Oct 09, 2023 at 01:35:26PM +0300, Petri Riihikallio wrote:
> > I'll be happy to put together a backport in a week or so (the first week of October) as I am currently in the midst of preparing to release lighttpd 1.4.72.
>
> I’ve tried to keep an eye on this using
> $ sudo apt update && apt info lighttpd/bookworm-backports
>
> Is this the proper way of finding out when it is available?
>
> br, Petri

Another way is to view https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/lighttpd
and look at the "versions" in the left sidebar of the page.

In any case, https://www.lighttpd.net/ is the upstream website.
lighttpd 1.4.72 was released Fri 6 Oct, a bit later than originally
planned.

Since updating Debian takes me more time than the *combined* time
that I spend updating 6+ other distros, I prefer to wait a week or
so after a lighttpd release before I start the process to request
that a Debian developer sponsor a lighttpd release.

https://salsa.debian.org/debian/lighttpd/ is ready for a lighttpd
1.4.72 release to Trixie (Testing), and then backports can follow.
Boyuan: lighttpd 1.4.72 is ready for Trixie (Testing) and tagged in
https://salsa.debian.org/debian/lighttpd/.  I'll submit a formal
request later this week.

Cheers, Glenn