Re: Backporting openrct2

Am 29.10.2022 um 21:27 schrieb Mathias Gibbens:
Hi,

   I'm planning to upload a backported version of openrct2 (along with
openrct2-objects and openrct2-title-sequences) to bullseye-backports. A
couple of weeks ago Phil Morrell (CC'ed) requested that the package be
backported, and from my hosting of unofficial backports I see roughly
15 unique downloads when a new version is released, so I think there is
sufficient interest in having a backported version.

   The upstream openrct2 project is very active; each new release
includes many new features and bug fixes, even though the version
number is not increasing that quickly. I would expect there to be a
desire for the foreseeable future to have current versions of openrct2
backported to the stable version of Debian.

   I am the package maintainer, and am happy to take care of the
backported version as well. It's a trivial rebuild on bullseye from the
version in testing, so it won't be much more effort on my part. I'll be
submitting a RT ticket to be added to the backports ACL.

Thanks,
Mathias

Hey,

thanks for your efforts and maintaining the package also for backports!

Just FYI you normaly do not have to publish a message why you are uploading a BPO in this case, just do it and everyone is happy about your work :-)

If you need help on backporting or if you have got a special case sure ask the list!