Re: Unsing stable-backports as an ugprade path to stable+1

Hi Zigo,

> I'll see how it goes with upstream, and then we may re-open the discussion.

this is good.

> "Starting with the Nautilus release (14.2.0), there is a new stable release
> cycle every year, targeting the month of March."
>
> This means it's more or less the same as Debian, however, Debian is still
> *ONE* Ceph release behind (because of the earlier release cycle that was too
> short).

Sounds good now, doesn’t it?

> So, I think I was wrong to begin with to start this thread, even though it'd
> be nice if Debian filled the 1 year gap...

It’s still ok to think things over, and you can certainly bridge that
gap by using backports, to make things from testing available in stable
if stable users need the more current version. (Updating stable with
critical fixes, even if the version is old, is, of course, still needed
occasionally.)

Good luck,
//mirabilos
--
Infrastrukturexperte • tarent solutions GmbH
Am Dickobskreuz 10, D-53121 Bonn • http://www.tarent.de/

/⁀\ The UTF-8 Ribbon
╲ ╱ Campaign against      Mit dem tarent-Newsletter nichts mehr verpassen:
 ╳  HTML eMail! Also,     https://www.tarent.de/newsletter
╱ ╲ header encryption!