Re: Unsing stable-backports as an ugprade path to stable+1

Hi,

On Mon, 2022-01-24 at 15:21 +0100, Thomas Goirand wrote:

> Correct. And that's probably the path I will choose as well: yet another
> unofficial Debian repository in the debian.net namespace, for people to
> use as upgrade path.

to be honest I don't think thats needed, at least not as long is upstream is
building Debian packages, it might eben make more sense to send PRs for
upstream to keep their debian folder in a better shape.

Please talk to upstream again, and in case there is no long term solution,
I'd suggest to strip the package down to whatever is needed to make the
reverse (build) dependencies happy.

Bernd