Re: Availability of Kernel 5.15 on Debian 11 Bullseye Backport

On 21.09.21 18:42, phil995511 - wrote:
An experimental kernel on a production machine with Debian Stable is not a
good idea in my opinion...

you said laptop and bluetooth. I would not consider that a production
machine.

The normal Backports kernel validation process for a production machine is
: Experimental > SID > Backports.

insert testing above.

This process guarantees a standard of quality and stability, it avoids bugs
or even a kernels panic.

should be easy to test on laptop, don't you think?

We would just have to create the Backports directory for Debian 11
Bullseye, which to my knowledge does not yet exist, and put the 5.15 kernel
there when it is mature.

5.14 entered unstable, it should be available in testing in 2 weeks.

Boost your system's speed by 500% - DEL C:\WINDOWS\*.*