Re: Availability of Kernel 5.15 on Debian 11 Bullseye Backport

An experimental kernel on a production machine with Debian Stable is not a good idea in my opinion...

The normal Backports kernel validation process for a production machine is : Experimental > SID > Backports.

This process guarantees a standard of quality and stability, it avoids bugs or even a kernels panic.

We would just have to create the Backports directory for Debian 11 Bullseye, which to my knowledge does not yet exist, and put the 5.15 kernel there when it is mature.

Best regards to all.

On 21.09.21 13:42, Micha Lenk wrote:
>Please note that the mentioned PPA is not an official Debian
>repository. At least to me it is unclear what policy governs it, so I
>would discourage its use (at least in the context of your request for
>a Debian backport).

I second that.

if you (the OP) really need newer kernel, trying linux-image-* from
experimental archive should be the way to go.