Package evolution-ews can't be installed from buster-backports

Hi,

I need to use the package evolution-ews to connect to an exchange server
in the web to access my emails.

Unfortunately the package evolution-ews is not included in the Debian Buster
stock distribution. It is only available on buster-backports even it was
available in stretch and jessie in the main distribution.

So I added the file /etc/apt/sources.list.d/buster-backports.list with that line
deb http://deb.debian.org/debian buster-backports main

I updated the package lists and tried to install the evolution-ews package but
apt-get won't install it:

root@host:~# apt-get install evolution-ews
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

 evolution-ews : Depends: libedataserver-1.2-23 (>= 3.30.5-1.1~) but 3.30.5-1+deb10u1 is to be installed

I don't get why evolution-ews (3.30.5-1.1~bpo10+1) is linked against
libedataserver-1.2-23 (>= 3.30.5-1.1~) even if the rest of evolution(-data-server)
is happy with still 3.30.5-1+deb10u1.

root@host:~# dpkg -l  libedataserver-1.2-23 evolution evolution-data-server
||/ Name                        Version          Architecture Description
+++-===========================-================-============-==============================================
ii  evolution                   3.30.5-1.1       amd64        groupware suite with mail client and organizer
ii  evolution-data-server       3.30.5-1+deb10u1 amd64        evolution database backend server
ii  libedataserver-1.2-23:amd64 3.30.5-1+deb10u1 amd64        Utility library for evolution data servers

Notice that the evolution-data-server package itself is of version 3.30.5-1 (+..) and not 3.30.5-1.1
like the evolution core package.

Any hints to resolve this? Who is doing that backport that I may contact?

Trying to install with synaptic is looking somewhat more weird. When I mark
evolution-ews for the first time in synaptic then I get this message:

evolution-ews:
  Depends: libedataserver-1.2-23 (>=3.30.5-1.1~) but 3.30.5-1+deb10u1 is to be installed
 Depends: libmspack0 but it is not going to be installed

When I after that mark evolution-ews for the second time for installation then
synaptic seems to consider libedataserver-1.2-23 from buster-backports and so
pulling in libedataserver-1.2-23 with version 3.30.5-1.1~bpo10+1.

But that new version is incompatible with a lot of the Gnome stuff which is then
automatically marked for deinstallation in fact breaking the system. Some
examples of important packages marked for deinstallation are:
gdm3, gnome, gnome-core, gnome-shell, gnome-calendar, ...

What can I do now. Except asking the package maintainer of the evolution-ews
package in buster-backports to build the package differently.

Best regards,
    Stefan