Re: Installation of Redmine

Am Mittwoch, den 01.04.2020, 15:52 +0900 schrieb Marc Dequènes (duck):
> Quack,

Moin :) Hope, you are well.

> On 2020-03-27 00:48, Daniel Leidert wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure that this is really a bug. Maybe redmine needs to set
> > versioned
> > dependencies, which are not open-ended?
>
> redmine depends on ruby-roadie-rails not ruby-roadie so there is nothing
> that can be done here.

It depends on ruby-roadie (>= 3.2.2). So adding ruby-roadie (< 4.0) should
prevent the installation of ruby-roadie >= 4. I could go forward, make this
change and upload.

@Mechthilde: However, packages from backports should usually not be installed
pulling all dependencies from backports but rather being picked as single
package to install (https://backports.debian.org/Instructions/).

> Unit193 uploaded a backport of ruby-roadie for an unrelated reason but
> did not realize it would break ruby-roadie-rails. We discussed it a few
> days ago on the IRC channel and he fixed it by uploading
> 1.3.0-2~bpo10+1.
>
> Aside from that AFAIK there is still the problem with ruby-i18n we found
> during the sprint; IIRC we decided to ask the release team for a rebuild
> but this did not happen. Could you have a look Daniel?

I remember. The monthly IRC meeting is on Friday, Let's discuss it there.

Regards, Daniel