Re: Why was linux-image-amd64 removed from Debian backports?

On Sun, 2019-11-24 at 12:00 +0100, Domenico Cufalo wrote:
> Dear Mantainers,
> I've right now noticed that the kernel metapackage for AMD64 has been
> removed from backports.
>
> Why? Are there any news in sight? How do you advise me to behave? Do you
> suggest to downgrade the package or just wait?

The meta-packages used to be built from the linux-latest source
package, but are now being built by different source packages (linux,
linux-signed-amd64, etc.).  It seems that the backports team had to
remove them to prepare for this change.  So, just wait.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
To err is human; to really foul things up requires a computer.