Re: git_2.24.0-1~bpo10+1_amd64.changes is NEW

On 2019, നവംബർ 26 5:19:41 PM IST, Debian FTP Masters <ftpmaster@ftp-master.debian.org> wrote:
>binary:git is NEW.
>binary:git-all is NEW.
>binary:git-cvs is NEW.
>binary:git-daemon-run is NEW.
>binary:git-daemon-sysvinit is NEW.
>binary:git-doc is NEW.
>binary:git-el is NEW.
>binary:git-email is NEW.
>binary:git-gui is NEW.
>binary:git-man is NEW.
>binary:git-mediawiki is NEW.
>binary:git-svn is NEW.
>binary:gitk is NEW.
>binary:gitweb is NEW.
>binary:git-mediawiki is NEW.
>binary:gitweb is NEW.
>binary:git-all is NEW.
>binary:git-gui is NEW.
>binary:git is NEW.
>binary:git-man is NEW.
>binary:git-cvs is NEW.
>binary:git-daemon-sysvinit is NEW.
>binary:git-doc is NEW.
>binary:git-daemon-run is NEW.
>binary:git-svn is NEW.
>binary:git-el is NEW.
>binary:git-email is NEW.
>binary:gitk is NEW.
>source:git is NEW.
>
>Your package has been put into the NEW queue, which requires manual
>action
>from the ftpteam to process. The upload was otherwise valid (it had a
>good
>OpenPGP signature and file hashes are valid), so please be patient.

Hi backports ftp masters,

We (gitlab team) initially contacted maintainers of git to ask if they plan to maintain a backport (as gitlab bumped minimum supported version of git to 2.22, we wanted to update), but we did not get a reply for many months. But once it was uploaded, they contacted us and wanted to discuss about it.

Please reject this package for now. We will upload it again once we reach an agreement.

Thanks
Praveen