Re: PhpMyAdmin is open for adoption

On 31.07.19 09:28, JdT wrote:

> I see that Matthias Blümel had a working version of PhpMyAdmin 4.8.5 on
> https://salsa.debian.org/blaimi-guest/phpmyadmin on this mail and a lot
> of recent projects on
> https://salsa.debian.org/explore/projects?name=php&sort=name_asc&utf8=%E2%9C%93&name=phpmyadmin&sort=name_asc.
>
> All that projects are sources, but I need some help (URL) to product deb
> file from sources. I'm currently not a Debian maintainer, I never
> product deb package, but with a little help from my friends (Joe Cocker
> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL1JyDTq3Qc> said) maybe I can do that.
> I know that maintain a package is very difficult due to the lots of
> security bugs I saw on CERT list.

Maintaining a complex and security-sensitive Web application as Debian
package is nothing a beginner package maintainer should try to take on,
in my opinion.

If you desperately need a newer phpmyadmin version for your systemd, I'd
advise you to just install the it directly from the upstream release.

I did the same, just put it into /srv/web/phpmyadmin, create the
necessary Alias configuration and you are more or less done.

Grüße,
Sven.