Re: RFC: jessie-backports-lts

On Fri, 8 Jun 2018 23:23:05 +0200
Alexander Wirt <formorer@formorer.de> wrote:

> On Fri, 08 Jun 2018, Holger Levsen wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Jun 08, 2018 at 11:09:52PM +0200, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> > > In the last days I had the idea to introduce a new suite names
> > > -lts, i.e. jessie-backports-lts. That suite starts with the
> > > handover of a release to the lts team.
> >
> > do you envision to start this suite empty? or would you import
> > existing jessie-backports to it?
> Absolutly empty, otherwise the commitment of the uploader would be
> missing.

Thanks, that clears the worry from my mind about the original request.
There's no way I would want my jessie-backports packages going
automatically into jessie-backports-lts - we've been trying to get
our backports users off jessie already. LTS is less interesting from my
side, I try not to add the burden of supporting backports which have
dependencies which are already outside upstream security support, like
Django.

It sounds like a good idea, as long as there are people who need it. If
this is done, it would likely need to be repeated for future releases
too.

--

Neil Williams
home@codehelp.co.uk