Re: Request for sponsoring (stretch-backports )

Hello Gianfranco,

On Tue, 23 Oct 2018 17:15:30 +0000 (UTC)
Gianfranco Costamagna <locutusofborg@debian.org> wrote:

>  The maintainer might know about issues we are not aware, so the
> sponsoring from him is usually easier/more trivial thana backport
> from somebody that is not aware of the package history.This is why it
> is usually preferred to have the maintainers' opinions before
> backporting stuff touched by somebody else. I didn't say it is
> impossible, but with active maintainer better ask them. G.

I could confirm that trivially backported boto3 and botocore work well
in Xenial, but I had to backport requests ans s3transfer too (and may
be some stuff, they depend on).

--
Best regards,
 Alexander Gerasiov

 Contacts:
 e-mail: a@gerasiov.net  WWW: http://gerasiov.net  TG/Skype: gerasiov
 PGP fingerprint: 04B5 9D90 DF7C C2AB CD49  BAEA CA87 E9E8 2AAC 33F1